Mass Communication and Global Media
Executive Master in Mass Communication and Global Media
1st edition 2013/14 academic year - Languages used for teaching: English
Scientific Director: Prof. Giovanni Puglisi
Teaching coordinator: Dr. Mario Lubetkin
In partnership with:
The objective of the Executive Master in Mass Communication and Global Media is to provide a high profile specific training in international communication to professionals who want to capitalize their experience through a focused application of a managerial vision to the international constantly changing markets.
This specific study path of the Executive Master helps the creation of a network characterized by specialized figures through as lectures and specifically learning experiences aimed at creating and building professional relationships.
The Executive Master in Mass Communication and Global Media is aimed at professionals with experience and/or professional consistency in the area of global communication and to graduates from any discipline, in Italy or abroad. It is required excellent knowledge of English language and of a second foreign language.
Candidates will be evaluated strictly focusing on inclinations and personal attitudes and academic/work background.
This Executive Master course provides the necessary skills to build the following professional profiles:
- International Advisor
- International media relator
- Media Analyst
- International Press Office Operator
The study path, with a very high profile teaching body, both academically, from IULM University, and professionally, with officers directly coming from IPS, takes place over 10 months, on a part-time base, with classes during weekends, and features a combination of theoretical training and practical experience with laboratory activities and individual study sessions.
- Theories and Concepts in Media and Communications
- Media and Globalization
- Globalization, Conflict and Post-Totalitarianism
- Media, Technology and Everyday Life
- Gender and the Media Representation
- Information, Communication and Knowledge Systems
- Globalization and Democracy
- Identity, Transnationalism and the Media
- Globalization: Economy, Politics and Power
- Contemporary Urbanism
- Representation in the Age of Globalization
- Global Media Industries
- Multiculturalism, Nationalism and Citizenship
- New Media Regulation
- Representations, Institutions and Communities
- International Media and the Global South
- Contemporary Issues in Media and Communications Policy
- Media and Communications Governance
- Interpersonal Mediated Communication
- The Urban Revolution
- Convergence and Information Management
This Master course offers an interdisciplinary approach, with training activities divided into sections of lectures, case presentations, workshops and distance learning (telematics, at IULM University of Milan and at the Multi Media Center of the Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO).
There will be intermediate evaluation tests and a final project work, based on a real case study, with a topic agreed in advance with the teachers.The student is required to attend at least 80% of lessons.
At the end of the course, students will receive a Certificate of Executive Master of IULM University.